Scottish EDGE12 Award Winners
We are delighted to announce that Broker Insights were awarded a £75,000 prize at the Scottish Edge12 awards dinner last night at RBS Gogarburn, Edinburgh.
Scottish EDGE is a competition aimed at identifying and supporting Scotland’s up-and-coming innovative, high-growth potential entrepreneurial talent. Selected from over 250 business applicants across Scotland this year, we received the prestigious award based on the following feedback from the judges:
- Innovative and unique offering
- A credible team with just the right mix of skills
- Great traction to date
- Global reach and huge potential
Securing £75,000 means Broker Insights can now accelerate growth plans, enabling us to hire additional technical and commercial roles to join our team of entrepreneurial self-starters.
Broker Insights joined Dundee’s thriving technology and digital start-up community at the end of 2017, bringing together deep insurance sector knowledge from co-founders Fraser Edmond and Iain Crole with recognised technology scale-up entrepreneurs Chris van der Kuyl, our Chairman and Paddy Burns, who takes a non-Exec Director role.
Over the last six months we’ve built a unique searchable data platform for the commercial insurance industry which will transform the way insurers and insurance brokers do business with each other, through the use of data. Employing local talent into commercial, developer, data science and graduate roles, the platform is ready to launch next month.
Fraser Edmond Co-founder and CEO said “we are thrilled to receive this recognition from Scottish Edge and everyone involved. Its been a busy first six months building our platform, whilst selling the vision to insurers and brokers alike. We signed our first major insurer partner, Hiscox, last month before we are even live and to receive this recognition is further validation that others see the potential that we do in this business. The award enables us to accelerate our sales efforts and affords more investment in product development, things that will be key as we move into the next phase of growth.”
Supporting the city’s recent investment and growth, we are set to move into the Waters Edge development at City Quay next month, which is expected to be home to similar likeminded businesses.
- Front End Developer
- Operational Support Administrator
- Marketing Manager
- Team building ideas with a twist
- Insight into a data driven career direction
- Data – are brokers sitting on an untapped goldmine?
- Broker Insights joins BIBA as an Associate Member
- Coversure partners with Broker Insights
- Oxbow Partners names InsurTech Impact 25 firms
- 2018 – What A Year
- Broker Insights wins at ‘Future of Fintech’
- Zurich, AXA, QBE, Ecclesiastical and Hiscox partner with Broker Insights
- Broker Insights partner with RWA
- Unlock the value in your data
- Hiscox signs up to Broker Insights commercial data platform