Broker Insights Marketing Manager Role Description
Salary banding TBC on experience.
Broker Insights is looking for a smart-thinking, creative and passionate ‘all-round’ marketer to manage the business’s marketing function.
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude who will enjoy a fast-paced working environment, fit into our growing team and share our values:
· Be bold and challenge the status quo.
· Always listen – and act on it.
· Make the complex simple – and make a difference for our customers.
· Think team – everyone brings something to our success.
The successful candidate will be curious about customers, their behaviours and their buying journeys, using marketing technology and automation where relevant to better target and engage with them.
Purpose of the Role
To support the business in three areas:
· Work closely with the sales team on the acquisition and retention of broker and insurer customers.
· Build the profile and awareness of the business in the insurance and tech sectors.
· Be the brand custodian and champion.
Acquisition and retention of customers
· Create, deliver and measure multi-channel, UK regionally targeted campaigns to recruit brokers by working with our Commercial Director and Regional Sales Managers.
· Work with our Customer Support and Account Management teams to ensure our customers are getting as much value as possible from the Broker Insights service.
· Work closely with marketing agencies to optimise our online presence, in particular website and social media channels, turning interest into action.
· Manage and optimise event/conference attendance and the lead generation activity around this throughout the year.
· Co-ordinate the creation of sales collateral, for example working with our design agency on an infographic or a branded proposal template creation.
Communications: building our public profile and brand awareness
· Plan and co-ordinate content delivery including press releases, announcements, award submissions and blog posts that support our acquisition and retention campaigns; build the corporate story as thought-leaders; and grow our employer profile to attract new talent.
· Develop our social media channels through creativity, planning, engagement and optimisation.
· Manage and implement our social responsibility strategy.
· Work as part of a team planning and co-ordinating team days and activities.
· Co-ordinate company-wide communications.
Brand custodian and champion
· Working to high standards, be the brand champion responsible for brand messaging, look and feel, and consistent application wherever it is used. In particular, you will be responsible for the website.
· Be responsible for the brand hierarchy to optimise product/service value.
· Work with senior management to maintain company values and purpose.
Each of the three key areas of responsibilities listed above will be underpinned by measurement, and you will work closely with our data analytics team to ensure we measure and optimise the value and return-on-investment of marketing activities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· You must be a capable, confident and creative writer of content.
· You must have experience of working with data and an understanding of and the value derived from analysis of data.
· You must have experience of working with marketing technology including CRM systems (preferably Salesforce), Content Management Systems (preferably WordPress) and email marketing platform (preferably MailChimp). Google Analytics and Marketing Automation platform experience is desirable, and design and editing tool experience is helpful.
· Experience of conducting customer research and surveys, including speaking to customers, is desirable.
· You should have the ability to think outside the box to get things done and work within a tight budget.
· Experience of working across teams of diverse skill sets will be an advantage. For example, you will need, in some cases, to work closely with our software teams as well as our commercial teams to create content.
· An understanding of different communication styles and indirect people management is a plus.
· A degree in a related subject is a plus.
About Broker Insights
Broker Insights is a technology start-up headquartered in the newly opened Waters Edge building located in City Quay, Dundee and is backed by serial entrepreneurs Chris van der Kuyl and Paddy Burns. Founded by leaders in commercial insurance, the business has developed and launched the first, and currently only, search platform for commercial insurance. The Broker Insights search platform connects leading insurers with regional brokers who hold policies for businesses across the UK.
Insurers already on the platform include Zurich, QBE, AXA, Ageas, Hiscox and Ecclesiastical, with three more household names to be announced soon. Since October 2018 the business has grown the total premium policy stored in the platform from 0 to £260 Million and increased user activity from registration/first time log in to over 500 daily interactions.
Winners of Scottish EDGE12 and RBS’s ‘Future of Fintech’, Broker Insights is a rapid growth company that has more than doubled its team over the last 12 months.
To apply, send a CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Front End Developer
- Operational Support Administrator
- Team building ideas with a twist
- Insight into a data driven career direction
- Data – are brokers sitting on an untapped goldmine?
- Broker Insights joins BIBA as an Associate Member
- Coversure partners with Broker Insights
- Oxbow Partners names InsurTech Impact 25 firms
- 2018 – What A Year
- Broker Insights wins at ‘Future of Fintech’
- Zurich, AXA, QBE, Ecclesiastical and Hiscox partner with Broker Insights
- Broker Insights partner with RWA
- Unlock the value in your data
- Scottish EDGE12 Award Winners
- Hiscox signs up to Broker Insights commercial data platform