Job title: Senior Software Developer
Reporting to: Head of Product & Technology
Location: Water’s Edge, Dundee
About Us: Brokers Insights is an Insuretech with a unique platform that uses data to transform broker and insurer relationships. Our commercial insurance distribution and data platform connects leading Insurers with Commercial Insurance Brokers who hold policies for businesses across the UK.
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude to join our growing team and build our brand personality based on our company values:
- Bring It On – and do what has the biggest impact for our customers.
- Think Team – everyone brings something to our success.
- See Things Differently – and innovate.
- Build Relationships – for and with our partners.
Starting salary: £30,000 – £40,000 dependent upon experience
Key responsibilities & duties
- Product development.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use taking into consideration availability, security and data integrity.
- Contribute heavily to code design conversations – good knowledge of design patterns and where these should be used.
- Input into conversations around architecture and code deployment.
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Develop new user interfaces.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Review and contribute to the improvement of the code quality of more junior team members.
- Support and drive agile and scrum methodologies.
Skills and experience
- At least three years of commercial experience required.
- A keen interest in software with a willingness to learn.
- Should enjoy working with code and have a desire to build, test and fix things.
- Flexible and adaptable when working within a small team.
- Excellent communicator.
- Good initiative.
- Have some interest in the development of other team members.
- Some leadership qualities with a willingness to help the team in the absence of the team lead.
Technical skills and experience:
Contact: Matthew Callaghan with your cover letter and CV