Job title: Junior Software Developer
Reporting to: Head of Product & Technology
Location: Water’s Edge, Dundee
About Us: Brokers Insights is an Insuretech with a unique platform that uses data to transform broker and insurer relationships. Our commercial insurance distribution and data platform connects leading Insurers with Commercial Insurance Brokers who hold policies for businesses across the UK.
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude to join our growing team and build our brand personality based on our company values:
- Bring It On – and do what has the biggest impact for our customers.
- Think Team – everyone brings something to our success.
- See Things Differently – and innovate.
- Build Relationships – for and with our partners.
Starting salary: £22,000 – £28,000 dependent upon experience
Key responsibilities & duties
- Product development.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX design.
- Develop new user interfaces.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Day to day operation of systems, including availability, security and data integrity.
Skills and experience
- Commercial experience would be beneficial but not a necessity.
- A keen interest in software with a willingness to learn.
- Should enjoy working with code and have a desire to build, test and fix things.
- Flexible and adaptable when working within a small team.
- Excellent communicator.
- Good initiative.
Technical skills and experience:
- Software Engineering degree or similar.
- Knowledge of web mark-up, (HTML, CSS).
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Good understanding of an OOP language (eg PHP, Java, C#).
- Solid understanding of structured databases and an ability to write well–formed queries (MySQL / MSSQL).
- Any knowledge of AWS infrastructure would be advantageous.
- Use of version tools such as Git.
Contact: Matthew Callaghan with your cover letter and CV