Front End Developer
Broker Insights are looking for a Front End developer to join us on an exciting journey.
Broker Insights is a technology start-up headquartered in the newly opened Waters Edge building located in City Quay, Dundee and is backed by serial technology entrepreneur Chris van der Kuyl. Founded by leaders in commercial insurance, the business has developed and launched the first, and currently only, search platform for commercial insurance. The Broker Insights search platform connects leading insurers with regional brokers who hold policies for businesses across the UK.
Insurers already bought into the platform include Zurich, QBE, AXA, Ageas, Hiscox, Ecclesiastical and three more household names that will be announced soon. Since October 2018 the business have grown the total premium policy stored in the platform from 0 to £260 Million.
Winners of Scottish EDGE12 and RBS’s ‘Future of Fintech’, Broker Insights is a rapid growth company who have more than doubled their team over the last 12 months.
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude to join our growing team and build our brand personality based on our company values:
- Be bold and challenge the status quo
- Always listen – and act on it
- Make the complex simple – and make a difference for our customers
- Think team – everyone brings something to our success
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Product development.
- Develop new user interfaces.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Day to day operation of systems, including availability, security and data integrity.
Skills and Experience
At least 2 years of commercial experience required.
- A keen interest in software with a willingness to learn.
- Should enjoy both design and working with code.
- Have a desire to build, test and fix things.
- Flexible and adaptable when working within a small team.
- Excellent communicator.
- Good initiative.
- Care about quality and delivering successful projects into production.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Software Engineering degree or similar.
- Familiarity with end to end design processes such as story-boarding, user research, wire frames and prototypes.
- Strong design portfolio, either of client or personal projects and must include current responsive web design projects.
- Knowledge of web mark-up, (HTML, CSS).
- Understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Use of version tools such as Git.
Please send a covering note and CV to email@example.com to apply.
- Operational Support Administrator
- Marketing Manager
- Team building ideas with a twist
- Insight into a data driven career direction
- Data – are brokers sitting on an untapped goldmine?
- Broker Insights joins BIBA as an Associate Member
- Coversure partners with Broker Insights
- Oxbow Partners names InsurTech Impact 25 firms
- 2018 – What A Year
- Broker Insights wins at ‘Future of Fintech’
- Zurich, AXA, QBE, Ecclesiastical and Hiscox partner with Broker Insights
- Broker Insights partner with RWA
- Unlock the value in your data
- Scottish EDGE12 Award Winners
- Hiscox signs up to Broker Insights commercial data platform